Friday, November 16, 2007

The Kibitz Room

I love New York deli food, but finding a good one isn't always easy when you're away from New York. I used to grab sandwiches at Koch's in West Philly years ago, but haven't been back since both brothers passed. Fortunately, I have recently stumbled on The Kibitz Room in Cherry Hill, NJ, and the food I've had so far has been great: big sandwiches (too big, actually: I prefer the half sandwich myself), traditional smoked fishes, whitefish salad (!), and sour pickles. If you know what I'm talking about, you've probably already tried this place. If not, let me just say it's good and you should head there for lunch or dinner. The deli isn't kosher, unless I missed something, which means you can happily order cheese on that pastrami. This blend of NY culture and blissful corruption of eastern European Jewish food is an oasis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home