Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Interview with Joe Brown

The ethnic composition of south jersey has traditionally consisted of italian, irish, polish and african american communities. The restaurant scene is by far dominated by italian cuisine and italian american chefs (with many pleasing consequences, I should add). Chef Joe Brown is a refreshing change of pace, bringing elements of african american heritage to his unique cuisine at Melange in Cherry Hill. Readers may enjoy this interview in the short run. In the coming months, I'll give a detailed overview of Melange after my next meal there. For now, I'll add that I view Melange as one of the best restaurants in the area and, short of an extraordinary gastronomique like Le Bec Fin, an outstanding dining experience nationally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home